When you use Lorem, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information.
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to any users of Lorem’s services anywhere in the world, including any users of Lorem’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy applies to any users of the services of Lorem or its affiliates anywhere in the world, and to anyone else who contacts Lorem or otherwise submits information to Lorem, unless noted below. This includes those who use Lorem or its affiliates’ services to:
Lorem provides services to users throughout the world. Lorem Technologies, Inc. is the data controller for your information.
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to Lorem, such as when you create your Lorem account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Lorem partners and third parties that use Lorem’s API.
Lorem collects the following categories of information:
Information you provide
This includes information submitted when you:
- Create or update your Lorem account, which depending on your location and the Lorem services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, and photo
- Request services through an Lorem app or website
- Contact Lorem, including for customer support
- Contact other Lorem users through our services
- Complete surveys sent to you by Lorem or on behalf of Lorem
- Enable features that require Lorem’s access to your address book or calendar
Information created when you use our services
- Location Information
- Depending on the Lorem services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, Lorem may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- Lorem collects location information when the Lorem app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- Lorem may collect location information when the Lorem app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Lorem may also collect this information when the Lorem app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions..
- Transaction Information
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
- We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
- When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
- We enable users to call or text each other through the Lorem apps. For example, in some countries, we enable users, to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, Lorem receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. Lorem may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
- If you permit the Lorem app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the Lorem app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliments
- Lorem business partners through which you create or access your Lorem account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Lorem’s APIs or whose API Lorem uses
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
Lorem may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Lorem collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient solutions, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Lorem does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Lorem uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Lorem uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Enable solutions, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about am user, refer a friend to Lorem, or share project ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Lorem account
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services.
Lorem uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products.
Communications among users
Lorem uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users.
Communications from Lorem
Lorem may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Lorem may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Lorem may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Lorem’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting are called “first party cookies.” So cookies served by Lorem while you are on www.Lorem.tech are first party cookies. Cookies served by companies that are not operating the domain you’re visiting are called “third party cookies.” So, we may allow Google to set a cookie on your browser while you visit www.Lorem.tech, and that would be a third party cookie. Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” only last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they may recognize your device when you reopen your browser and browse the internet again.
Other Identification Technologies
We call this a Cookie Statement, but the statement addresses cookies and other identification technologies we may use or permit on our Services. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a web page, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache). “Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table above.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Types and Purposes of Cookies
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves (for example)|
|Authentication Cookies||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information and to edit your account settings.|
|Security and site integrity cookies||We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep Lorem safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.|
|Localization||These help Lorem provide a localized experience. For example, we may store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.|
|Advertising||Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you are in the United States, or http://youronlinechoices.eu/ if you are outside the United States.|
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Lorem’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
Lorem may share the information we collect:
With other users
- For example, if you are a client, we may share your first name, average client rating given by expert partners, and previous job history with expert partners.
- If you are an expert, we may share information with your client(s) including your name and photo; your location; your average rating provided by riders; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete an expert profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past clients have submitted about you.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request.
- Lorem business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Lorem may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Lorem may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through social media and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Lorem accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your project information with the owner of that profile profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A client using your employer’s Lorem profile
- A expert partner using an account owned by a partner company
With Lorem subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Lorem may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With Lorem service providers and business partners
Lorem may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, Lorem may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our services.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Lorem may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
- This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Lorem’s rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including project information.
- This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Lorem may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Lorem retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
Lorem retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, Lorem deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, Lorem may retain information after account deletion:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
- Lorem may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Lorem shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Lorem may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Lorem account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Lorem provides means for you to see and control the information that Lorem collects, including through:
- In-app privacy settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in the Lorem plug-in gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving notifications from Lorem.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time Lorem wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that Lorem seeks before you first use the plug-in, and your use of the plug-in constitutes your consent.
After every project, expert partners and clients are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the project went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both expert partners and clients. Your client rating is available in the main menu of the Lorem plug-in. Your expert partner rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Lorem expert plug-in.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Lorem’s plug-in. You can also look up your project history in the Lorem plug-in. You may also request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting Lorem at help.Lorem.tech
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Lorem by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your projects or information about your account.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Lorem gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Lorem for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Terms of Service, Policies, and Revisions
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Lorem plug-in or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.